Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Painting a Grey Knight Terminator - Assembly and some kit thoughts

Hi,

Last Saturday I got my Terminator for our competition and I wanted to paint him as soon as its possible. I decided that mine will have a thunder hammer and no helmet. I wanted him to have a dynamic and strong pose and here you can see how will he look like.

As for the grey Knight Terminator kit I think it has much potential and there are many possibilities of how to assemble your terminators. The best part are multiple options for weapons and many small details like books, purity seals and grenades which will add some personality to your models.

At this stage I glued the whole model and left the head unglued because it will be easier to paint it that way. Things to do before painting are: pining and drilling some holes in that storm bolter.

Stay tuned for more
-RED

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know what you will be pinning. I understand drilling out the gunbarrels but I never pin an all plastic model. the glue I use melt the plastic together and make it unbreakable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right and it is a all plastic model but to paint him I must pin the head and legs. I do it because It will be easier to mount the head on a peace of cork so that I can hold it withought touching the painted surface. the same goes for the main model because when I Finish painting I will pin him to the base because, I will be higher and made from miliput.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eagerly awaiting for this. Please give all possible tips about your final scheme ¡

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAAH youve reminded me that ive forgotten to drill out the barrels! :(
    but a Nice model! are you doing NMM or real metals?
    ive been trying out some nmm and its tricky!
    -fuzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea don't forget to drill the barrels. In next post I will show how to do it very nice so the holes will look natural and not so rough. As for the color scheme I will make normal metallics because I almost forgot how to pain those (to much NMM for me :D). I want to make a standard GK painting scheme but witch some additions and twists so I will paint mode places red and white, make some battle damage and some OSL effects. But you must be patient because i try to find time to paint these days and I suppose the will be some serious painting development next week so stay tuned.

    -RED

    ReplyDelete