Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grey Knights Chapter Master painting tutorial (step by step) - part three

Hello world,

It's time for the third part of my small Grey Knight painting tutorial. Today I wanted to focus on all red elements. After seeing Redavs GK terminator I've decided to go in that color direction with small modifications. I've started with a basecoat of a little bit watered down Mechrite Red foundation paint.




To the base color I've added Regal Blue paint and watered down the mixture. Diligently using glaze technique I've applied my color mixture to shade all red elements.







When the shading process was completed I've started with highlighning. Middle color - Mechrite Red - was galzed with few layers of watered down Blood Red paint. Edges were painted with Blood Red and Skull White (4:1) mixture. The last coat on the very edges were painted with a  1:1 mixture of a Blood Red and Skull White.





Inner section of the Inquisition cross was painted with Scab Red as a base, Blood Red as a middle color and Blazing Orange as a highlight. Using a Fine Detail Brush I've put white strokes inside Inq cross and glaze them with Blood Red.






Yep, now it's started to looking nicer. Tomorrow I'll focus on tabard and purity seals and wires around helmet. If you got any questions, don't hesitate to write them below in comment section.See you tomorrow then around 10 a.m.

Regards,
Gimiak

No comments:

Post a Comment