Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grey Knights Chapter Master painting tutorial (step by step) - part two

Hi there,

Today I'll continue with my small tutorial about 'how to paint a Grey Knights Chapter Master'. This time I'll focus on the gold areas. Hopefully my tutorial will be helpful for you.






I've started with base made of Tin Bitz paint. I wanted that all skulls and ornaments which could be find on this model to be painted gold.


As a next step I've applied a Devlan Mud wash in the recesses.


Next I've started with highlighting applying Shining Gold paint.


In the upper section of each 'gold' element I've applied a thin watered down layer of a Shining Gold and Mithril Silver paints mixture. The last coat was made with pure Mithril Silver applied in the very edges.




So far, so good. Tomorrow I'll focus on areas on which a red paint will be apllied - psycannon, heraldy shield and =][= sign located on the chest. Looking at Redav's post I'll try to emulate his color scheme on my model. I recommend you to visit our blog tomorrow around 10 a.m. to see more.

Regards,
Gimiak

No comments:

Post a Comment