Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baals in progress III

Hi there. I've been busy painting my tanks this week and looking at my progress I'm pretty sure that I will finish those tanks this friday. Yes, finally I'll finish them. Today I have to clean the tracks and work with stains. Additionally I have to paint three crew members but I will do this after my small project listed below...




... ahh yes. As a small spin off project I will paint this little guy next week. I don't want to play dwarfs, but I do have a desire to paint something totally different and totally... small. Compering to Bloody AngeLs tanks. ;)


Till next time.
Gimiak

2 comments:

  1. Wow , that Baal looks amazing ¡

    Could you please explain how you paint:

    - Non rusty gold parts.

    - Metallic parts like your Hurricane Bolters in the Land Raider Crusader: I love their look but can´t find the way to paint mine like them.

    - Your fantastic red in your vehicles

    Thanks a lot in advance and please keep posting ¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for watching.
    * Gold
    I've got two methods of painting 'my gold'. One is deeply explained in many White Dwarfs (Shining Gold + Scorched Brown 1:1 mix, Shining Gold, Devlan Mud, Shining Gold, Shining Gold + Mithril Silver 1:1 mix, Mithril Silver). Second method is to use Tin Bitz instead of Shining Gold and Scorched Brown mix.

    *Silver
    I used the most common method of painting silver. On black undercoat I put Boltgun metal, than I wash the entire area with Badab Black (one or two coats) and on the end I paint the edges with Mithril Silver.

    * Red
    Land Raider, pods, dreads I've painted with brush, but it was very frustrating to paint red on black basecoat. On my Razorbacks and Predators I've used airbrush - basecoat is Chaos Black, the first coat is Scab Red, last coat on upper sections is Red Gore.

    If you got any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete